Thursday 23 May 2013

'LOVE SONG' -A POEM BY JOSEPH BRODSKY,POET,ESSAYIST & NOBEL-LAUREATE !

LOVE SONG.
By Joseph Brodsky.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

If you were drowning, I'd come to the rescue,
wrap you in my blanket and pour hot tea./

If I were a sheriff, I'd arrest you
and keep you in the cell under lock and key./

If you were a bird, I 'd cut a record
and listen all night long to your high-pitched trill./

If I were a sergeant, you'd be my recruit,
and boy i can assure you you'd love the drill./

If you were Chinese, I'd learn the languages,
burn a lot of incense, wear funny clothes./

If you were a mirror, I'd storm the Ladies,
give you my red lipstick and puff your nose./

If you loved volcanoes, I'd be lava
renlentlessly erupting from my hidden source./

And if you were my wife, I'd be your lover
because the church is firmly against divorce./


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

TODAY JOSEPH BRODSKY WOULD HAVE BEEN 73 !

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


MRITYUNJAY JHA
4F, ADARSH NAGAR
SAMASTIPUR
BIHAR
INDIA.
848101.
(+91) 9334411390.
http://facebook.com/MJ1982M
http://twitter.com/MJ1982M

No comments:

Post a Comment